Thursday, August 23, 2012

Caribana 2012, Some of my looks....

Hello Followers and Bloggers

I went to Canada for Caribana 2012. To explain what caribana is, its one of the largest Caribbean parades in the country. It was a great trip, we even made it work with seven girls in one room. (There will be more blogs about different events coming soon. I took 400 pictures, so I have to break it up!)

Being a curvy plus size girl, I wanted to show that I look fun, and sexy at the same time. Here are some of my looks over the three days.

I must say I liked my outfits. Just remember, as my friend tod me, everyone has their own style.

xoxo

Brits

The top is from American apparel, the shorts are from the thrift store and I decided to make them creative and put the Jamaican flag on them to represent my heritage! My friend Selby helped me cut the shorts, but I cut the flag and did the fun embellishment! Shoes are from Akria, (a Chicago only boutique), earrings from an accessory shop, purse from H and M, and makeup done my me!



My leopard one piece suit. I loved this suit. It was fitting and sexy! I got this jumpsuit from greatglam.com, my shoes are Jeffery Campbell, you can barely see them, but they are the ones with no heal. They are also from Akria. Purse and cuff from H and M,


This outfit was a one piece jumpsuit as well from the Kardashian Kollection, shoes from Akria, necklace from Forever 21, and purse from Jessica Simpson.

The one to the left is a Jamaican dress actually brought from Jamaica. It was the first day, so something comfortable to walk around in and explore the town. Flats from Spring, a spin off from Aldo, earrings from accessory shop.

The outfit to the right is the parade outfit. It was some really short shorts (the point was to be sexy), a top from discovery, my Jamaican flag, earrings from an accessory shop, and some chucks from Nordstrom Rack.


This was my favorite outfit of the whole trip. I felt old school and pin up girl at the same time. The scarf and top were brought at the thrift store. I took some embellishment from my jeans and applied stars to the top pocket. The skirt from Forever 21, purse from Dooney and Burke, flats from spring; a spin off from Aldo. Bangle, from a cruise I went on in 2010, and door knocker earrings from an accessory store. Makeup done by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment