Friday, November 4, 2011

Lets talk about the new MAC Collection Ice Parade


Ok, so I am very excited about the new collection that has hit the stores, its call Ice Parade. The collection is so exciting I really cant take it. There are so many new things that came out with the collection; new brushes (well not new but great travel size) new shadow colors, dazzle glasses, lip stains, paint pots, and so on. There is six new collections:

-Glitter and Ice
-Ice Parade (Bags and Kits)
-Ice Parade (Snowglobe Eye Shadows)
-Ice Parade (Exclusives)
-Ice Parade (Viva Glam
-Ice Parade (Kids Helping Kids)

The prices range from $14.00 USD to 56.00 USD. The products can be pricey, but its worth the quality!

Lets break down each one!

Glitter and Ice

This collection has individual items such as nail polish, lipsticks, lashes, powders, eye shadows and paint pots. All of the colors are very winter esk, such as "Fresh Ice", "Winterized", and a random color "Unconditionally Fabulous".

Overall these colors will be amazing for the winter seasons. For all my women, there are many events come up for the holiday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and of course New Years, plus party inbetween. I would highly suggest that you take some of your earnings and invest in a few colors in the collection. It will be worth it for all your holiday parties. (Consult a MAC artist to get the colors that will work best for you!)


Ice Parade (Bags and Kits)

I will admit, when I first starting doing make-up I used the applicators that were located in all of the pallets or kits for make-up, WRONG! I really didn't know any better, I just knew that I wanted to wear make-up and it would be cool to have colors on my eyes, anywho back to the subject at hand!

These kits are great for beginners for using the MAC products. You can buy some of the most important brushes that you will always use forever and a great color pallet for you to use for the winter season. Also the company has a kit with the signature smokey eye that all the girls want to have.

The only thing that I don't like about this collection is the crazy looking bags. For some reason they are very unnecessary. I understand that they were in the "holiday mood", but the bag is horrible.

Overall the kits are amazing and they are great gifts for those beginners or make-up artists who love great gifts.

-Ice Parade (Snowglobe Eye Shadows)


Now these are the coolest pallets that I have seen in a very long time. The plate is a snow globe with a brush and 6 colors. Per what I was reading, the shadows are not as pigmented as some of the individuals shadows, but the colors are really nice and pretty. I will be honest, the snow globe is so cool, but just be careful with the globe, if you put it wrong on your kit, or if your put it somewhere, it might burst and that is a lot of glitter to clean and dispose of! FYI.

-Ice Parade (Exclusives)

The exclusives are very, well, exclusive! This kit limited edition and it comes with a cheek, lips, gloss, a power brush, shadow brush and a angle brush. Once again I really hate the bag that it comes in, but the products are very nice. You can use this palette to dress up or down. It can be an everyday look or you r can make it very dramatic. There are two kits, Wintercool and Warm. I like the Wintercool better.

Both have very dynamics colors and shades, but for me its all about having a great brush to put it on! MAC did a great job putting everything into one.

-Ice Parade (Viva Glam)

If you are not familiar, the Viva Glam is a AIDS foundation that MAC works with. 100% of the proceeds go to the AIDS foundation. They have many faces of the Viva Glam project including, Gwen Stefani, Eve, and most recently; Lady Gaga.

Everything in this collection is Red, from the inner tubing of the lipstick to the pouch that comes with it. This is a very small collection with just a mini ornament to hang on the x-mas tree. Its a dog holding a glam lipstick. It is very cute and fun to have on the tree.

For the lipsticks, there are two colors that come in a red round package. Once again I hate the bag that it comes in, but the lipstick colors are to die for. These are Gaga inspired lipsticks and they are simply named, Viva Glam Gaga and Viva Glam Gaga 2. They are rich in color and amazing for those winter white clothes.


-Ice Parade (Kids Helping Kids)

Last but not least is very simple cards you can attach with your MAC Cosmetic gifts. It was created by kids and this is also apart of the AIDS awareness. 100% of the proceeds foes to the foundation.

Phew! I know that was a lot to review, but its a great collection and I really hope that all my make-up heads and potential make-up ladies take the time to go out and try these great new products. Leave a comment below and let me know how it works out!

<3 Brits


Pictures from MAC Comestics website: maccosmetics.com

2 comments:

  1. ok so I just want it all is that bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not at all! I want it all too! The collection in my opinion is amazing!

    ReplyDelete