Monday, November 14, 2011

NYX Cosmetics!



Hello All!

As my obsession with my makeup continues, I want to give another brand to my makeup professionals and my make-up beginners. NYX cosmetics is another brand that I use on a daily basis. You know as I support MAC 100% but, it can be pricey and sometimes you have to use other options. So lets begin:

The company was founded by a lovely women Toni KO. NYX came from a greek mythology for, "greek godess who ruled the night".  She started this brand in 1999 and built it from the ground up. It is a brand for the women! NYX is a brand that doesn't test on animals. This is very important to me and to all my animals activists out there. So this is a plus for the brand.

As a freelance artist many people ask me what is a good brand to start off with and what I use all the time. The first thing that I say if you are starting off, you should use NYX and then work your way up to MAC. Also with that being said, may people ask me to compare the brands and these are my two comparisons:

1. It is an amazing product for the price. (Ranges from $2.50 to $35.00 dollars USD)
2. It seems to me (my personal opinion) that the colors, pigments, etc are about the same.

This helps my clients out a lot. Don't get me wrong there are some clients who can afford MAC right away and there are some that are on a college budget and need alternative brands.

As a make-up company, they have everything that you can think of. Foundation, primers (what goes on the lids so your shadows can stay), lipsticks, lip glosses, concealer, primer, eye liner, mascara, blushes, and on and on and on.

For all my Make-up geeks, please make sure that you try out this great brand. Its located at a lot of stores, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, etc. Test it out and let me know how you like the products. Also go to the website: nyxcosmetics.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment